The new generation "Beetle" controller derives its core notion from minimalism without compromising functionality. It comes with Atmel AtMega32u4 (datasheet) @16MHz clock time and has an expanded number of interfaces: 10 digital pins, 5 analog pins and 4 pwm pins. To further make it user-friendly, it is compatible with Micro USB so that direct programming and testing is no longer a headache. Select "Arduino Leonardo (tools >board > Arduino Leonardo in Arduino IDE), the ATmega32U4 comes preburned with a boot-loader that allows you to upload any new code that is applicable to Arduino Leonardo.
As a minimized version of Arduino Leonardo, it enjoys similar powerful functions. Beetle aims to solve problems of low-cost controller, ease-of-use and a low-cost solution for disposable projects, such as DIY and educational projects, workshops, gift projects or e-textiles. For students and makers on a hardware purchasing budget the Beetle can be a great solution.
- Buy 5 for $7.50 each and save 5%
- Buy 10 for $7.10 each and save 10%
left to right: DFRduino Leonardo, Nano, Nova and Beetle
- 20mm X 22mm compact size
- Direct downloading and testing via Micro USB
- V-shaped large-size gold-plated IO ports make it convenient for the user to twist wires upon, and can also be directly sewn on clothes with conductive thread.
- Two honeycomb shape gold-plated power interface
- Magic light blue soft BLINK indicator